techCabinet

Tech, Politics and Nerdyness!

Monday, January 17, 2005

first post and new mac toys

Well, sonce the Mac Mini came out I have really gone Mac crazy, even though I don't have a Mac yet. My name is Myles and I live in Canada. Oh yah, I'm a computer geek too.

Since everyone else is covering the new Mac stuff, I'll just go voer the iPod shuffle.

It comes in both 512MB ($129 CAD) and 1GB ($189 CAD) models. Other than storage size (and price) they are exactly the same. Some people say having no screen is a stupid idea and blah blah blah. I say, if you want I screen, get a different MP3 Player, and stop complaining. :P

Some Tech Specs :

Battery life
- Up to 12 hours
Connectivity - USB 1.1 and 2.0
Charge time - About 4 hours
Audio Support - MP3, MP3 VBR, AAC , Protected AAC,
(from iTunes), Audible and WAV
Song capacity - 120 (512MB) or 240 (1GB) songs
Size - 3.3" x 0.98" x 0.33"
Weight - .78 ounce
In the Box - iPod Shuffle, Earbud Headphones,
Lanyard and USB Cap

Like I said above, some people think it's dumb without a screen. But, you don't need one. The whole point of the thing is to stop the contstant replaying of the same songsover and over and over again. You can even plug it in and it will pull random songs from your iTunes library for some freshness every time!

-_-'

Anyways, I hope to try and post some interesting Mac news here whenever I can, so keep checking back.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home